Linen textiles appear to be some of the oldest in the world; their history goes back many thousands of years through spans of cultures and millennia. It was heavily used in the Mediterranean in the pre-Christian age and, sometimes used as currency in ancient Egypt.
So what is Linen?
Linen is a natural fibre, made from the stalk of a flax plant. It is regarded in Europe as the best quality fabric and is long favoured for their sheeting because of its amazing properties. It softens the more it is used and washed, is extremely durable, and lasts decades when cared for correctly.
What are the benefits?
Linen is a very durable fibre and has many benefits over cotton.
Linen is 30% stronger than cotton
Has a high moisture absorbency
Structurally sound fibre so products keep their shape
Environmentally friendly – less water and chemicals to cultivate
How to use it in your home
There are 8 ways in which you can incorporate linens in your home:
1. Window curtains - Opting for a linen curtain or shade is a great choice if you want your space to be bright and airy during these sunshine-filled days of summer — the light fabric won’t block those precious rays. They’re also a stylish alternative to standard curtains that add a laidback and inviting vibe to your space.
2. Headboards - While there are a variety of options when it comes to choosing the perfect backdrop to your bed, a linen version is a must-see for anybody looking to spruce up their sleeping quarters.
3. Bedding - Linen bedding is the best way to transform an ordinary bedroom into an elevated space that you’ll fall in love with over and over again. Linen sheets and pillowcases have tons of added benefits, too.
4. Towels - By incorporating just a touch of this trend your kitchen or bathroom will see an instant boost in style.
5. Sofas - This classic look will fit seamlessly into any living space and stick with you for years. The seating arrangement’s coastal vibe will make your living room the most welcoming area in the house.
6. Scatter cushions - Put away any thick wintry fabrics and swap in linen pillowcases to make your interior ready for summer. Mix and match pillows in different hues or stick to one colour to make for the ultimate linen takeover.
7. Lamp shades - Linen lampshades just might be the answer you’ve been looking for though, they’re chic, but not overwhelming and always in style.
8. Shower curtains - Bathrooms big and small will all reap the benefits of this fabric choice as a shower essential. The neutral shades available also match just about any flooring you might have, so you won’t have to worry about your decor clashing.
As the largest supplier of Pure Linens, make sure to browse through our large selection.
How are you planning to bring pure linens into your home? Share them with us in the comments section below.
Make sure to visit in-store for our wide selection of textiles or chat with our sales personnel to get a quote on email@example.com | 021 761 9648.